Allergy to Everything!
My 3 year old Golden Doodle petite seems to be allergic to every meat I have given her.
I always have to stop feeding her something, to start something else, only to find she is reacting again.
I have stopped feeding her kibble with wheat, any dental sticks, I've stopped giving her baths even with hypo allergenic shampoo ( or even straight water) because within 24 hours she is a basket case running around scratching and biting.
I usually end up giving her children's Benedryl, just to get us all to sleep for a couple of hours.
She had an awful reaction to Advantix flea and tick and ended up with a horrible rash on her belly.
Now the vet has her on a hypo allergenic kibble, but she's barely eaten any of it in a week and I think the chicken in it is keeping her itching anyways.
It's been impossible to try to figure out what she's allergic to, and I feel helpless! I am staring to think this is way more then just a specific allergy to an animal protein.
I would give anything to help her and figure this out, so she can enjoy a good quality of life and love to eat again!
Have your say about what you've just read here. Use the comments box below.
Sharing is appreciated!