Home Remedies for Dogs To Keep In Your First Aid Kit
Home remedies for dogs are needed sometimes. I'm talking about ' quick fixes ' when your dog has a simple, non life threatening problem that needs help right now, immediately. You never know what might happen. So, it pays to be prepared.
Farm dog - photo by - Brooke Oland
Get These Supplies for Your Dog First Aid Kit
These are a things you'll need, and you should always keep them handy in a convenient place at home, for easy access. If you don't have them, they are available at any pharmacy. Get more home remedies for dogs and instructions below.
- 3% hydrogen peroxide - an effective disinfectant that doesn't sting and can be used to induce vomiting
Baking soda - mix with water to reduce inflammation
- Raw unpasteurized apple cider vinegar - very good for ear cleaning and bath rinses
- coconut oil - excellent skin soother, ear cleaner and itch reliever
- Dosing syringe - cheap to purchase at any pharmacy. Learn more below.
- Tourniquet - or cloth strip, to reduce blood supply in case of a serious cut.
Other Supplies For Your Drug Free
Home Remedies for Dogs First Aid Kit
You never know when you might need some dog first aid. Accidents can happen in the blink of an eye! The first aid tips given here are for common, non life threatening situations. For anything that you consider an emergency, please take your dog to the vet.
Here are my personal favorite pet safe, easy to use, natural home remedies that I keep in my Medicine Cabinet for Dogs at all times.
- - natural anti-bacterial for internal use.
- - topical anti-bacterial for cuts, abrasions, inflamed gums or runny eyes.
- – topical antiseptic for cleansing skin and ears.
- – topical spray for itching
- - topical crisis reliever to provide a calming effect in a case of anxiety or trauma
- - natural anxiety relief product for internal use
- - natural antihistamine needed in case of insect bites and stings
- - anti seizure remedy to bring your dog out of crisis
Kiss It and Make It Better Home Remedies for Dogs
Go from Dog Home Remedies Back to Home Page